Adidas Poetry School is kind of a place in my mind, a 1-man MFA created when I left the UK for Berlin.

It's also a document I'm having fun making, living with, changing organically over time as new ideas appear in my brain. Some chapters are about words I enjoy such as the pronoun I and the slang for don't know which is dunno and words like howl and frit and flow. Some chapters document my journey from the UK to Berlin and about when I scattered my parents cremains, did a month of cold-turkey and then enrolled. Some chapters kind of ask: What is art? There's a school manifesto and a required reading list. The document is designed with interconnecting signs like Julian Cope (who references the village where I was raised, where part of the document is set) to krautrock to Kafka (who of course lived in Berlin) to Lydia Davis to Transcendentalism to acid-house to Saul Bellow to Werner Herzog to Thomas Bernhard to Mark E Smith. And I thought: If I was interviewed I'd say: This is my Trump and Kanye West novel. I know what I mean. 

Anyway, the plan is to self-publish but I saw a publisher who I think seem okay. I doubt they'll accept my submission. Part of the school philosophy is DIY so I think it'd be fake to set it up for gatekeepers to sniff at. I would love an editor though. Someone to bounce ideas off.